Do you want to start a tattoo removal company from scratch? Or do you need a sample tattoo removal business plan template? If so, I advise you to read on.
Tattoos are more than the body designs we knew them for, it is now a mainstream of fashion and popular culture. The tattoo industry is a multibillion dollar industry; at least three out of ten people you know now wear tattoos.
The tattoo removal industry is a booming industry because as people get new tattoos, many others are booking tattoo removal sessions due to regret or because the tattoo has become outdated. You can start a tattoo removal business and enter the booming market.
Tattoo removal procedure, also known as laser removal, is all about Using the laser cleaning machine to clean permanent tattoos and make skin look like new.This article will serve as a simple guide for anyone who want to venture into the tattoo removal business.
I’ll cover subtopics like why you should start a tattoo removal shop, how to start your own shop, how to find clients for your business, and conclude with some tips to help you run a successful removal business.
Why You Should Start a Tattoo Removal Business
- Lucrative Market -: I mentioned that the tattoo removal niche is booming and will continue to do so as long as the tattoo craze continues its trend, which we know will be for a long time.
- Highly Profitable -: The tattoo removal business is a highly profitable business. People are so desperate to remove an unwanted tattoo from their body that they don’t mind spending $ 150 to $ 500 per session with a tattoo removal specialist and it usually takes seven to ten sessions to fully remove a tattoo. permanent tattoo and make skin look like new. That’s between $ 1,500 to $ 5,000 for a full removal session for each person.
- Low Startup Cost – Doesn’t require a lot of capital to set up a tattoo removal shop; you only need a small office space that will contain your receptionist, waiting room and treatment room; then the laser treatment machine, which is quite expensive, will be the item that will take up much of your startup capital. Anything else needed for treatment is something minor like antibiotics and ointments.
- Easy to Get Started -: In addition to the basic tattoo removal course that you will take, you don’t need any other specialized skills to start this business, and anyone can successfully start the business.
How to Start a Tattoo Removal Business – Sample Business Plan Template
1 . Draw up a business plan -: The first step is to draw up a business plan for your tattoo removal business. Where will your tattoo shop be located, on what scale do you want to start, large or small, how much is the estimated capital you need to start the business, how do you plan to advertise your business? Will there be plans to expand the business to incorporate other related services in the near future ? Your specific answers to these questions should be the core content of your business.
2. Go to a Tattoo Removal Course -: Tattoo removal is not something you learn by watching a couple of tattoo removal videos on YouTube. You need to enroll in a tattoo removal course from a professional, to learn how to go how to perform the procedure like a professional and how to handle emergencies while performing treatment procedures. The training institute can issue you the certification once you have finished the course; it will increase your client’s confidence in your ability to handle the procedure.
3. Get an office space : I mentioned earlier that a typical tattoo removal shop doesn’t have to look big and fancy; what you need is a simple office space with only 3 bedrooms. If you can rent a store in the busiest part of town; where there is a lot of traffic and people, you will attract more customers to your business.
4. Buy equipment : The most important equipment you will need in this business is the laser removal machine and the machines are not cheap. You may be lucky enough to get it at a discounted price if you shop at popular online stores like Amazon or EBay. If you have the money to buy more than one laser removal machine, go for it. You can rent the second machine from tattoo shops for a fee.
5. Advertise your business -: This is where the great work lies, when advertising your tattoo removal business. There are other tattoo removal shops in town, why would people come to their own shop to get their tattoo removal procedure ? You have to give people reasons to visit your store and get the removal procedure.
Some of the ways you can advertise your tattoo removal business include:
- Sale Discounts : You can offer discounts to the first hundred people who will have their tattoo removal procedure in your store. Many people will recommend their friends to patronize your store to get the discount.
- Share Flyers -: You can print flyers from your tattoo removal service and share them with people in your location, and drop the flyers in public places; You can back it up with word of mouth persuasion.
- Leverage -: You can work in collaboration with a popular tattoo shop to have them refer people requesting the tattoo removal procedure to your shop; the reciprocal either by paying them for each person they refer to undergo the procedure or by sending people to find where to get a new tattoo for them.
Overall, you need to give people the best removal procedure they can get anywhere so that they will come back in the future and also recommend to their friends; Remember to maintain maximum cleanliness and disinfect your treatment room after each session to prevent germs from entering your client’s body throughout the procedure. It is also advisable that you obtain a commercial liability to cover each treatment that goes wrong; this way, your business won’t suffer from heavy liability lawsuits.