Are you willing to write a trucking company business plan? If yes, here is a sample executive summary, objectives, business plan mission and vision, product / service description, and management structure that will attract investors.
- Executive Summary
- Market analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Financial Projection
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing Ideas Strategies
A sample trucking company business plan executive summary
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. is a trucking company that will be headquartered at 10548 SD Highway 32 Belle Fourche South Dakota.
We will provide daily freight services (trucking services, moving service supplies, and bulk material vending supplies) on a skid to full truck loads to and from South Dakota, North Dakota, southern Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Southeastern Missouri; Evansville, IN; Nashville, Tennessee; Memphis, Tennessee and Chicago Land Areas et al. We will also provide cross docking, storage, lift gates, and specialized van service in South Dakota, North Dakota, southern Illinois, southeastern Missouri, and western Kentucky.
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. has been able to secure all relevant licenses and permits to operate throughout the United States and Canada. We will ensure that we comply with the trucking industry rules and regulations and will only hire experienced and qualified drivers with a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Our clients and potential clients can rest assured that they will obtain quality services at competitive rates.
We will go the extra mile to ensure the safety of the goods in our care and our customers will get value for their money. At Terry Granville Truck Service Inc., our goal is to provide excellent service to our customers and we pride ourselves on the integrity and competence of our company and our employees.
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. will ensure that all of our deliveries are on time and exceed our customers’ expectations.We will only put trucks in top shape on the road, and all of our drivers will be trained to be courteous, friendly and comply with the industry rules and regulations. We will properly maintain and care for our drivers, as well as our trucks and equipment.
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. is a family business; It is owned by Terry Granville and his family. Terry Granville is an investor with an interest in the trucking industry. The company will be fully funded by Terry Granville and he will be the company’s founding COO. Terry Granville has a diploma in Transportation Management and Logistics and has more than 5 years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Our services
Terry Granville Truck Service Inc. is a company that looks forward to providing excellent services in terms of helping our customers move goods and equipment from one destination to another. We want to be known as the trucking company that truly cares about its customers. Our business offering is detailed below;
- Moving supplies
- All furniture wrapped in bedspreads for protection
- Pickup and delivery on time
- Home and office movement
- Local and long distance movement
- Heavy equipment movement
- Excavator movement
- Excavator movement
- Construction equipment movement
- Agricultural equipment movement
- Movement of oil and gas products
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to become one of the preferred choices of the individual and the organization when it comes to the demand for transportation services throughout the United States of America.
- Our mission statement
Our mission is to ensure that we build a trucking company that operates throughout the United States of America and Canada; a company that will boast of having some of the best and most trusted truck drivers in the entire United States of America.
- Our commercial structure
Our business structure will be designed in such a way that it can accommodate full-time employees and part-time or contract employees; those who just want to take time off to generate additional income.
We intend to start the business with a handful of full-time employees (drivers and administrative staff) and some of the available driving roles will be handled by qualified drivers. Adequate provision and competitive packages have been prepared for all of our employees.
For now, we will contract the maintenance of our trucks to the service provider. This is because we do not intend to maintain a very large overhead right from the start. But as soon as the business grows and stabilizes, we will assemble our own in-house maintenance team. Below is the business structure and roles that will be available at Terry Granville Truck Service, Inc .;
- Director of Operations (Owner)
- Administrator and Human Resources Manager
- Transport and Logistics Manager
- Business developer
- Reception Officer
Roles and responsibilities
Director of Operations (Owner):
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates and implements the vision, mission and general direction of the organization, that is, leads the development and implementation of the general strategy of the organization.
- Responsible for the day-to-day business
- Responsible for handling high profile clients and businesses
- Responsible for setting prices and signing deals
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluate the success of the organization at regular intervals
Transport and Logistics Manager
- Coordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and trips
- operates IT systems
- negotiate and accept contracts
- develop and confirm schedules
- plans and negotiates technical difficulties
- prepares documentation for regulatory bodies
- coordinates and manages the staff
- implements health and safety standards
- Plan routes and load scheduling for multiple deliveries.
- Books in deliveries and links with clients.
- Assign and record resources and movements in the transportation planning system.
- Communicates effectively with clients and responds to their requirements.
- Directs all transportation activities.
- Develop transportation relationships.
- Monitor transportation costs.
- Negotiate and negotiate transportation prices.
- It deals with the effects of congestion.
- Address the issues of climate change by implementing transportation strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint.
Administrator and Human Resources Manager
- Responsible for supervising the proper functioning of administrative and human resources tasks for the organization
- Define jobs for recruitment and manage the interview process
- Conduct staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for the training, evaluation and assessment of employees
- Responsible for organizing trips, meetings and appointments
- Supervise the smooth running of the daily activities of the office.
- Identify, prioritize and approach new partners, and business opportunities and others
- Identify development opportunities; follow up on contacts and development contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; ensures the completion of development projects.
- Responsible for overseeing implementation, advocating for client needs, and communicating with clients
- Develop, execute and evaluate new plans to expand sales growth
- Document all customer information and contacts.
- Represents the company in strategic meetings
- Helps increase sales and business growth
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managers with financial analysis, development budgets, and accounting reports; analyzes financial viability for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasts and risk analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger bookkeeping, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payroll
- Ensures compliance with tax legislation
- Handles all financial transactions for the company
- serves as internal auditor of the company
Commercial truck drivers
- Assists in loading and unloading cargo.
- It maintains a log book of its driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing rest and work periods for operators.
- Keeps a log of vehicle inspections and makes sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment, such as hazardous materials placards.
- Assists the transportation and logistics man Ira in planning his route according to a delivery schedule.
- Local delivery drivers may be required to sell products or services to stores and businesses on their route, obtain signatures from recipients, and collect cash.
- Transports finished products and raw materials overland to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspects vehicles for mechanical elements and safety issues and performs preventative maintenance
- Complies with trucking rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, rest periods, etc.), as well as company policies and procedures
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
Front Desk / Customer Service Officer
- Receive visitors / customers on behalf of the organization
- Receive packages / documents for the company
- Handles email inquiries and phone calls for the organization
- Distribute emails in the organization
- Handle any other tasks assigned to my line manager