Are you about to start a moving company? ? If yes, here is a complete sample Moving Company Business Plan Template Feasibility Study that you can use for FREE .
Okay, so we’ve considered all the requirements for starting a moving business. We also took it further by analyzing and writing a sample moving services marketing plan template supported by actionable guerilla marketing ideas for businesses on the go. So, let’s move on to the business planning section.
Why start a moving company?
Moving to a new office or department can be challenging at times, especially if you are looking to take on all responsibility without involving experts. The moving and warehousing industry is a $ 15 billion industry in the United States. About 42 million families use a moving company each year, or pay for their move in some other way. And international moving companies are growing as fast as national ones.
Do-it-yourself storage on the go is also a growing industry, now bringing in around $ 22 billion a year. But how did all this start? Businesses in this industry provide moving and relocation services, including local, long-distance, and international trucking and shipping of used household, institutional, and commercial items, furniture, and equipment. Industry operators often provide incidental packaging and storage activities.
The industry promises a good level of success when one diligently seeks to do what is required of them. It is no wonder that there are many people who are already succeeding in this business. This is one of the reasons you should consider delving into the moving company business.
However, you will need to write a business plan to have a good roadmap. Business plans are like blueprints to be followed. If writing a plan doesn’t suit you, then you may want to consider using a template.
Below is an example of the moving company’s business plan;
A sample mobile company business plan template
- Moving Company / Transportation Industry Business Description
According to the American Moving and Warehousing Association (AMSA), the American moving and warehousing industry is one of the most complex and diverse collections of businesses in the country. It consists of multi-million and multi-million dollar companies; from large corporate organizations and family operations; from CEOs who work in corporate suites and independent entrepreneurs who work on their trucks; and of the van lines, their agency systems and their independent engines.
The moving and warehousing industry in the United States is as diverse as the country itself. As the industry’s national trade group, AMSA represents all facets of the industry: agents, freight forwarders, independent carriers, international moving companies, suppliers, and van lines.
Statistics say that the Moving and Warehousing industry in the United States of America consists of 7,000 companies operating in 13,900 locations that primarily provide moving and storage services for household and office items.Main names in the United States Includes van lines, van line agents, full service independent movers, international movers, car haulers and transporters.
The moving and warehousing industry employs 122,600 people with an annual payroll of $ 3.6 billion and is comprised primarily of individual pickup / truck owners who operate their business on a small scale. General statistics on the moving and warehousing industry show that 47.8% of companies in the industry employ less than 5 people. Only 8.5% of companies in the industry employ 100 or more people.
AMSA members report that they operate a fleet of 50,000 trucks (32,000 units of tractors to pull semi-trailers and 18,000 straight trucks) regulated by the US Department of Transportation and state motor vehicle agencies. AMSA consists of more than 4,000 member companies, including: 150 companies in 85 countries outside the US and 200 companies in the industry supply chain.
Basic services provided by operators in the moving and warehousing industry include local and long-distance transportation of items for the home and office; warehousing and storage services; Packing and packaging services; process, distribution and logistics consulting; sale of merchandise and other services.
With the advancement of technology and each individual’s only need is to live in a comfortable home, the moving industry remains sour and as home sellers, buyers, and renters prepare for 2016, you are likely to hire Professional moving professionals be on your mobile checklists. The five trends below are anticipated to prevail in the moving industry in 2016
Sure, starting and operating a moving and warehousing business can be capital intensive and challenging, but the truth is, it can be rewarding at the same time. One good thing about the industry is that it is open to both large investors who have the ability to start business with a fleet of trucks and aspiring entrepreneurs who can start with just one truck.
Moving Company Business Executive Plan Summary
Jolly Brothers Warehouse and Moving Service Company is a registered and licensed moving and warehousing company based at 10548 SD Highway 32 Belle Fourche South Dakota. We are in business to provide local and long-distance transportation of home and office items; warehousing and storage services; Packing and packaging services; process, distribution and logistics consulting; sale of merchandise and other related services. We will provide daily service throughout South Dakota and in the United States of America and Canada.
Jolly Brothers warehousing and moving services company has been able to obtain all relevant licenses and permits to operate in the United States and Canada. We will ensure that we comply with the rules and regulations that guide the moving and warehousing industry and will only hire experienced and qualified drivers with a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) to drive our vans and trucks.
Our clients and potential clients alike can rest assured that they will get quality services at competitive prices. We will go the extra mile to ensure the safety of the products in our care and our customers will get value for their money. At Jolly Brothers Moving and Warehousing Service, our goal is to provide excellent service to our customers and we pride ourselves on the integrity and competence of our company and our employees.
The Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services company will ensure that all of Our product deliveries are on time and exceed our customers’ expectations. We will only put trucks and vans that are in tip-top shape on the road, and all of our drivers and material handlers will be trained to be more careful, pay attention to detail, courteous, friendly, and comply with industry rules and regulations. .
At Jolly Brothers Moving and Storage Services Company, we are passionate about the pursuit of excellence and financial success with uncompromising service and integrity, which is why we have decided to start our own moving and storage business; We are in the industry to leave a positive mark. We are quite optimistic that our values and the quality of the service offering will help us propel our business to enviable heights and will also help us attract the number of clients that will make the business highly profitable. We are a company that will be dedicated to establishing good business relationships with our clients, giving them value for their money and reasons for them to hire our services again and again.
We are well aware that to be the number one option in our city, we must continue to provide quality and timely services, and that is exactly what we will do. We are open to using the latest technology in the moving and warehousing industry. Without a doubt, our excellent customer service and the quality of services we offer will position us to always welcome repeat customers and handle massive deals from both government agencies and industrial giants.
The best interest of our client will always come first, and we will do everything guided by our values and professional ethics. We will ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards by meeting the needs of our customers accurately and comprehensively. We will cultivate a work environment that offers a humane and sustainable approach to earning a living and living in our world, for our partners, employees. and our clients.
The Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing service is a family business; It is owned by Parker and Prince Jolly. The company will be fully funded by the Jolly family. Parker has a diploma in Transportation and Logistics Management and more than 5 years of experience in the Moving and Warehousing industry.
- Our services
Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services are established with the goal of maximizing profits in the moving and warehousing industry. We want to compete favorably with the leading moving and warehousing companies in the United States, so we will ensure that all services performed or related services provided meet and even exceed our clients’ expectations.
We Will Work It is difficult to guarantee that the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing service will not only be accepted in South Dakota, but also in other cities in the United States of America and Canada. Our service offerings are listed below;
- Local and long-distance transportation of home and office items
- Warehousing and warehousing services
- Packing and packaging services
- Consulting and advisory services on processes, distribution and logistics
- Sale of merchandise and other related services
Our vision statement
Our vision is to become one of the preferred choices of individuals and organizations when it comes to the demand for moving and warehousing services throughout the United States of America and Canada.
- Our mission statement
Our mission is to ensure that we build a successful moving and warehousing company operating throughout the United States of America and Canada; a company that will boast of having some of the best and most reliable material handlers and transporters (truck / van drivers) in the entire United States of America.
- Our commercial structure
Our business structure will be designed in such a way that it can accommodate full-time employees and part-time or contract employees; those who just want to take time off to generate additional income.
We intend to start the business with a handful of full-time employees (truck drivers, professional material handlers / yard spotters, and back office staff) and some of the available driving roles will be handled by qualified drivers. Adequate provision and competitive packages have been prepared for all of our employees.
At Jolly Brothers Moving and Storage Service Company, we’ll make sure to hire skilled, hard-working, creative, customer-focused, and ready-to-work people. to help us build a thriving business that benefits all stakeholders – owners, workforce, and customers. In fact, the profit sharing agreement will be made available to all of our senior management personnel and will be based on their performance over a period of five years or more, as agreed by the company’s board of directors.
For now, we will contract the maintenance of our trucks to the service provider, we do not intend to maintain a very large overload from the beginning. But as soon as the business grows and stabilizes, we will assemble our own in-house maintenance team.
Below is the business structure and roles that will be available in the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services company;
- Director of Operations (Owner)
- Administrator and Human Resources Manager
- Transport and Logistics Manager
- Marketing and Sales Executive (Business Developer)
- Truck and Van Drivers
- Material Handlers / Yard Observers / Forklift Operators
- Customer Service Executive / Front Desk Officer
Roles and responsibilities
Operations Director (Owner):
- Increase management effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, guiding, training, advising, advising and disciplining managers; communicate values, strategies and objectives; assign responsibilities; plan, monitor and evaluate the results of the work; development of incentives; develop a climate to offer information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Creates, communicates and implements the vision, mission and general direction of the organization, that is, leads the development and implementation of the general strategy of the organization.
- Responsible for setting prices and signing commercial agreements
- Responsible for providing direction for the business
- Creates, communicates and implements the vision, mission and general direction of the organization, is to decide leading the development and implementation of the general strategy of the organizations.
- Responsible for signing checks and documents on behalf of the company
- Evaluate the success of the organization
Transport and Logistics Manager
- coordinate drivers, vehicles, loads and trips
- operates IT systems
- negotiate and agree contracts
- develop and confirm schedules
- plans and negotiates technical difficulties
- preparation of documents for regulatory bodies
- coordinates and manages the staff
- implements health and safety standards
- Plan routes and schedule cargo for multiple deliveries.
- Books in deliveries and liaison with clients.
- Assign and record resources and movements in the transportation planning system.
- Ensures that all supply chain partners are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operation.
- Comunic communicates effectively with clients and responds to their requirements.
- Directs all transportation activities.
- Develop transportation relationships.
- Monitor transportation costs.
- Negotiate and negotiate transportation prices.
- It deals with the effects of congestion.
- Address the issues of climate change by implementing transportation strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint.
Administrator and Human Resources Manager
- Responsible for supervising the proper functioning of the administrative and Human Resources tasks for the organization
- Design job descriptions with KPIs to drive customer performance management
- Hold regular meetings with key stakeholders to review the effectiveness of the Human Resources Policies, Procedures and Processes
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; place and expedite orders; evaluation of new products.
- Ensures equipment operation by completing preventive maintenance requirements; asking for repairs.
- Define jobs to recruit and manage the interview process
- Conduct staff induction for new team members
- Responsible for the training, evaluation and evaluation of employees
- Responsible for organizing trips, meetings and appointments
- Upgrade job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintenance of personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Supervises the smooth running of the daily activities of the office.
Marketing and Sales Executives (Business Developers)
- Identify, prioritize and reach new customers, and business opportunities, etc. to the
- identifies development opportunities; follows up on contacts and development contacts; participates in the structuring and financing of projects; ensures the completion of projects.
- Write winning proposal documents, negotiate rates and fees in accordance with organizations policy
- Responsible for handling business research, market surveys and feasibility studies for clients
- Responsible for overseeing implementation, advocating for client needs, and communicating with clients
- Develop, execute and evaluate new plans to expand sales growth
- Document all customer contacts and information
- Represents the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services company in strategic meetings
- helps increase the sales and growth of the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing service.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports, budgets and financial statements for the organization
- Provides managers with financial analysis, development budgets and accounting reports; analyzes financial viability for the most complex proposed projects; conducts market research to forecast trends and business conditions.
- Responsible for financial forecasts and risk analysis.
- Performs cash management, general ledger accounting, and financial reporting for one or more properties.
- Responsible for developing and managing financial systems and policies
- Responsible for administering payroll
- Ensures compliance with tax legislation
- Handles all financial transactions of the company
- Serves as internal auditor of the company
Truck and van drivers
- Helps load and unload goods / materials
- Maintains a log book of your driving activities to ensure compliance with federal regulations governing rest and work periods for operators.
- Maintains a record of vehicle inspections and makes sure the truck is equipped with safety equipment, such as hazardous materials placards.
- Assists the transportation and logistics manager in planning their route according to a pick-up and delivery schedule.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical elements. and safety issues and perform preventive maintenance
- Complies with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, rest periods, etc.) as well as company policies and procedures
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or infractions
Material Handlers / Yard Observers / Forklift Operators
- Responsible for managing basic services such as operating forklifts, loading and unloading materials from trucks and vans, packing and packing products, etc.
- Handles general services that involve the transport of goods from one place to another
- Maintains a clean work area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Handles any other duties assigned by the transportation and logistics manager
Customer Service Officer
- Welcome customers and visitors by greeting them in person or over the phone; answer or direct inquiries.
- Ensures that all customer contacts (email, call center, SMS or phone) provide the customer with a personalized customer service experience of the highest level
- Through interaction with customers over the phone, he takes every opportunity to increase customer interest in the company’s products and services.
- Manage the administrative tasks assigned by the manager in an effective and timely manner
- Stays abreast of any new information about the organization’s products, promotional campaigns, etc. to ensure that accurate and useful information is provided to customers when they inquire
SWOT analysis of the business plan of the mobile company
Based on our vision, our mission and the type of business we want to set up, we have no choice but to follow due process. Following due process involves hiring a business consultant to help us perform SWOT analysis for our business. Jolly Brothers Moving and Warehousing Service enlisted the services of an experienced business consultant with bias in startups in the US to help us conduct a thorough SWOT analysis and to guide us in formulating other business strategies that will assist us. to grow our business and compete favorably in the moving and warehousing industry.
As a company, we hope to maximize our strengths and opportunities and also work around our weaknesses and threats. Here is a summary of the result of the SWOT analysis that was conducted on behalf of the Jolly Brothers Moving and Warehousing Service;
- Strength :
Our strengths include; strong management, strong fleet operations, our transportation network serves some of the largest population centers in the US, size advantages, cost advantages, customer loyalty, and a strong reputation among national players and of the industry.
Basically, our business is centrally located on a densely populated industrial and residential estate in South Dakota; our location is, in fact, one of our main strengths. Another strength that counts for us is the power of our team; our workforce and management. We have a team considered experts in the moving and warehousing industry, a team of dedicated and hard-working people.
- Soft spot :
Our weakness could be lack of funding, high debt burden, cost structure, lack of scale compared to our peers who have already gained ground in the industry. As a new business that is owned by an individual (family), and we may not have the financial muscle to maintain the type of publicity that we want to give our business. As a new business, we are also aware that it will take time for us to build trust with our customers.
The opportunities available to us as a moving and warehousing company in the United States include; online market, new services, new technologies and the opening of new markets. We are located in one of the busiest industrial areas in South Dakota and we are open to all the available opportunities the city has to offer. Our business concept has also positioned us to be the preferred option in South Dakota.
The truth is, there is no standard, well-equipped moving and storage company within the area where ours will be located; The closest moving and warehousing company to our proposed location is about 15 miles away – simply put, we have no direct competition within our target market area.
- Threat :
Some of the threats we are likely to face include; mature markets, bad economy (economic downturn), tough competition, volatile costs, and rising fuel prices. Other threats that the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing service are likely to face are unfavorable government policies, seasonal fluctuations, demographic / social factors, the slowdown in the economy likely to affect consumer spending, and of course the emergence of new competitors in the same place. where ours is.
Moving the business plan of the company MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market trends
Market trends as it involves the moving and warehousing industry, especially in the United States and Canada, is truly dynamic and at the same time challenging. But one thing is certain, once a moving and warehousing company can gain credibility, it will be much easier for the company to secure permanent agreements / contracts with large merchants and warehouse operators who are involved in the movement of goods and materials from a company. place to another on a regular basis
The demand for the services of moving and warehousing companies is highly correlated with consumer spending. With the advancement of technology and the only need of each individual is to live in a comfortable home, the moving industry remains sour and, As sellers, buyers, and renters prepare for 2016, hiring professional movers will likely be on their moving lists. . The following five trends are anticipated to prevail in the mobile industry in 2016
Undoubtedly, some of the main factors that count positively in this line of business are competition, trust, honesty, good management of relationships and of course, safe and timely pickups and deliveries.
- Our target market
Our target market is basically each one (organizations and individuals also who have a cause to move goods and materials from one place to another. In other words, our target market is the whole of the United States of America and below is a list of the people and organizations with whom we have plans to do business;
- Warehouse traders and operators
- Retailers who want to move their products from one place to another
- Manufacturers (chemical manufacturers and textile manufacturers and others)
- Households wishing to move from
- Corporate organizations that want to move from one office to another
- Government agencies that have motives to move goods and materials from one place to another
- Non-profit and charitable organizations that have motives to move goods and materials from one place to another.
Our competitive advantage
Our main competitive advantage is the vast experience in the industry and solid reputation of our owners Parker and Prince Jolly and of course our management tea. m.
Jolly Brothers Moving and Warehousing Service is undoubtedly a new moving and warehousing company, which is why we have taken our time to do a thorough homework before launching the business. We were able to highlight some factors that will give us a competitive advantage in the market.
Some of the factors are: trust, honesty, good network and excellent relationship management, strong administration, strong fleet operations, our transportation network serves some of the largest population centers in the US, our advantages of size, cost advantages, supply chain, customer loyalty and solid reputation among national industry players.
Another competitive advantage that we are bringing to the industry is the fact that we have designed our business in such a way that we can comfortably work with both people. those who want to use small trucks and also large conglomerates that participate in the massive movement of goods and materials from one place to another on a regular basis.
Lastly, all of our employees will be well cared for, and their welfare packages will be among the best in our category (US storage and moving startups) in the industry. It will allow them to be more than willing to build the business with us and help us meet our stated goals and achieve all of our objectives and businesses.
Business plan of the mobile company SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY
- Marketing strategy and sales strategy
The marketing strategy for the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services company will be based primarily on professionalism, excellent customer service, honesty, and quality service delivery. We will make sure to build a loyal customer base. We want to drive sales through the production of our work and through referrals from our satisfied customers. We are keenly aware of how satisfied customers drive business growth, especially businesses such as moving and warehousing services.
Jolly Brothers warehousing and moving services company is a strategically located company and we are going to maximize the opportunities available. That is why we spend more to locate the business in a location that is visible and allows us to access our target market.
Our sales and marketing team will be recruited based on their vast experience in the industry and they will receive training on a regular basis to be well equipped to meet your objectives and the overall objective of the Jolly Brothers Moving and Warehousing Service.
Our goal is to make the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services business the leading moving and warehousing company in South Dakota, which is why we have designed a strategy that will help us take advantage of the available market and grow to become a major force to be reckoned with in The Moving and Storage industry.
Jolly Brothers Warehouse and Moving Services Company is prepared to use the following sales and marketing strategies to attract customers;
- Introduce our moving and warehousing business by sending cover letters along with our brochure to corporate organizations engaged in manufacturing, warehouse traders and operators, households and key stakeholders in South Dakota
- Print flyers and business cards and place them strategically in offices, libraries, public facilities and train stations, etc. .
- Use friends and family to spread information about our business
- Post information about our company and the services we offer on bulletin boards in places like local schools, libraries and coffee shops, etc. to the
- Place a small or classified ad in the newspaper, or a local publication about our company and the services we offer
- Take advantage of referral networks, such as agencies that will attract clients who would need our personalized services
- Advertise our business in relevant magazines, newspapers, television stations and radio stations.
- Attend relevant exhibitions, seminars and trade shows, among others, to market our services
- Participate in a direct marketing approach
- Encourage the use of word-of-mouth marketing from satisfied and loyal students
- Join local chambers of commerce and industry to market our services.
Sources of income
The moving and warehousing services company Jolly Brothers will make sure to take advantage of our strength and the opportunities available to us in the US market will generate enough revenue to help us drive the business towards stability. We will explore all the sources of income available in the moving and warehousing industry.
Below are the sources we intend to explore to generate income for the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing service;
- Local and long-distance transportation of home and office items
- Warehousing and warehousing services
- Packing and packaging services
- Process, distribution and logistics consulting and advisory services
- Sales of merchandise and other related services
We are well positioned to take on the available market in the US and we are quite optimistic that we will reach our stated goal of generating sufficient revenue / profit from the first month or operations and growing the business and clientele beyond South Dakota. to other states in the US and Canada
We have been able to critically examine the moving and warehousing industry and have analyzed our possibilities in the industry and have been able to come up with the following sales forecast.The sales projection is based on information gathered in the field and some assumptions that are peculiar to startups in the United States of America. the location of our business and our competitive advantage;
- First fiscal year-: $ 250,000
- Second fiscal year-: $ 600,000
- Third fiscal year-: $ 900,000
NB : This projection is made based on what is obtainable in the industry and with the assumption that there will not be a major economic crisis and that there will be no major competitor offering the same moving and warehousing services as us in the same location. Keep in mind that the previous projection could be smaller and at the same time it could be bigger.
- Our pricing strategy
Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services company has a lease with multiple companies and the company’s pricing is based on miles per thousands of tons of goods and materials transported. We have refined our plans to charge competitive rates as we have minimal overhead compared to our competition in the industry.
We will make sure to take advantage of the price to win customers; Our prices will be affordable and negotiable. The fact that our business door is open to both individuals and corporations means that we will have a different price range for different categories of clients.
As the business grows, we will continue to revise our pricing system to accommodate a wide range of prices. range of clientele.
- Payment options
Our payment policy will be comprehensive because we know that different people prefer different payment options as it suits them, but at the same time, we will not accept cash payments due to the volume of cash that will be involved in most of our transactions.
These are the payment options that Jolly Brothers Moving and Storage Service will make available to their clients;
- Payment by bank transfer
- Payment by online bank transfer
- Payment by check
- Payment by bank draft
- Cash payment
- Payment by POS
In view of the above, we have chosen the rms banking platform that will allow our clients to pay us without any difficulty. Our bank account numbers will be available on our website and promotional materials for customers who wish to deposit cash.
Moving company Business plan Advertising and advertising strategy
Any company that wants to grow beyond the corner of the street from which it operates must be ready and willing to use all available means (both conventional and unconventional means) to advertise and promote the business. We intend to grow our business beyond South Dakota, which is why we have refined plans to build our brand through all available means.
We have been able to work with our brand and advertising consultants to help us map advertising and advertising. strategies that will help us reach the heart of our target market. We are poised to become the number one choice for both corporate and home clients throughout South Dakota and beyond, which is why we have taken steps for effective publicity and publicity for our moving and warehousing business.
Below are the platforms that the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing services company intends to leverage to promote and advertise its trucking business;
- Place advertisements in print media (newspapers and magazines) and in electronic media. platforms
- Sponsor relevant community events / programs
- Take advantage of internet and social media platforms like; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google + and others to promote our services
- Install our Billboards in strategic locations throughout South Dakota
- Participate in traveling shows from time to time in specific neighborhoods
- Distribute our flyers and brochures in the target areas
- Get in touch with corporate organizations and households and corporate organizations by calling them and informing them about the Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing service and the services they offer
- List our company in local directories / yellow pages
- Advertise our company on our official website and employ strategies that will help us drive traffic to the site.
- Make sure all of our staff members wear our branded shirts and that all of our trucks and vans are well marked with our company logo and others.
Mobile company business plan Financial projections and costs
When setting up any business, the amount or cost will depend on the focus and scale you want to implement ake If you intend to go big by renting a place, you would need a good amount of capital as you would need to make sure your employees are well taken care of and that its installation is conducive enough for workers to be creative and productive.
This means that start-up can be low or high depending on your goals, vision, and aspirations for your business.
The tools and equipment to be used are almost the same cost everywhere, and any difference in prices would be minimal and can be overlooked. As for detailed cost analysis to start a standard moving and warehousing business; it may differ in other countries due to the value of your money.
However, this is what it would cost us to start the Jolly Brothers Moving and Storage Service in the United States of America;
- Total fee for incorporating business in South Dakota $ 750.
- The budget for liability, permit and license insurance $ 5,500
- The amount needed to purchase a suitable office facility with sufficient parking space for our trucks in South Dakota for 6 months (Facility rebuild included) $ 150,000.
- The amount required to finance the purchase of the first set of trucks: $ 800,000
- The cost of office equipment (computers, printers, fax machines, furniture, telephones, filing cabinets, electronic and security devices and others): $ 5,000
- Cost of accounting software, CRM software, and payroll software $ 3,000
- Other initial expenses, including stationery $ 1000
- Telephone and utility deposits (gas, sewer, water and electricity) ($ 3,500).
- Operating cost for the first 3 months (employee salaries, bill payments and others) $ 120,000
- The Launch Cost of our Official Website: $ 600
- Additional expenses (business cards, signage, advertisements and promotions, etc.): $ 2,500
Based on our market research and feasibility study report, we will need about $ 1 million to establish a moving and warehousing business in South Dakota.
Generation of funds / seed capital for the moving and warehousing service of Jolly Brothers es Company
Jolly Brothers warehousing and moving services company is scheduled to start as a private business that will be wholly owned by Parker and Prince Jolly. They will be the sole financier of the company, but will likely welcome other business partners when the need for expansion arises.
These are the areas in which we intend to generate our initial capital for our business;
- Generate part of the initial capital from personal savings
- Source for soft loans from family and friends
- Apply for a loan from my bank
NB: We have been able to generate around $ 200,000 (personal savings $ 150,000 and soft loans from family members $ 50,000) and we are in the final stages of obtaining an $ 800,000 loan from our bank. All documents and documents have been signed and sent.
BUSINESS GROWTH ON THE MOVE: Sustainability and expansion strategy
The Jolly Brothers moving and warehousing service is a business that was established with the goal of covering Throughout South Dakota and other cities in the United States of America, we have invested a great deal of money in the business and we don’t want our investment goes down the drain, so we hire a leading professional to help us. Putting strategies and structures into practice that keep the business growing.
Part of the sustainability and expansion strategy we have adopted is ongoing training and empowerment of our workforce (both full-time staff and freelancers who work for us). to provide them with the ability to perform effectively in the highly competitive moving and warehousing industry in the United States of America.
In others to be in business for a long time, we will by no means understand our integrity and trust and continue to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Checklist / milestone
- Business name availability check: Completed
- Business Incorporation: Completed
- Opening of corporate bank accounts at various banks in the United States: Completed
- Opening of online payment platforms: Completed
- Request and obtain taxpayer identification: In progress
- Business Permit and License Application: Completed
- Purchase of all forms of business insurance: Completed
- Acquisition of trucks, vans and forklifts: In progress
- South Dakota Office (Yard) Facility Rental: Completed
- Conduct of feasibility studies: Completed
- Start-up Capital Generation: Completed
- Drafting the business plan: Completed
- Drafting E mployee Manual: Completed
- Drafting of contractual documents: In progress
- Company Logo Design: Completed
- Graphic designs and printing of packaging marketing / promotional materials: Completed
- Hiring of employees and drivers: In progress
- Purchase of necessary furniture, office equipment, electronic devices and facelift facilities: Progress
- Creation of official website for the company: In progress
- Building Awareness for Business (Commercial PR): In progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Agreement: In Progress
- Establishment of business relationships with key players in the industry (networks and membership of organizations and chambers of commerce): Completed