Are you about to start a fundraising business? If yes, here is a complete sample fundraising business plan template feasibility report that you can use for FREE .
Okay, so we’ve considered all the requirements for starting a fundraising company. We also took it further by analyzing and writing a sample fundraising marketing plan template supported by actionable guerilla marketing ideas for fundraising businesses. So, let’s move on to the business planning section .
Why start a fundraising company?
The fundraising business is one that requires great oral and written skills for any entrepreneur trying to start this business. Apart from these two skills, the entrepreneur should also be one who has great interpersonal skills and public relations skills.
However, while there is no business without the goal of making it profitable, this business requires that an entrepreneur have a true desire to help others advance causes that are considered worthy and noble. It is important to find a niche in this business as there are many organizations and associations that are of noble cause, such as those that fight a deadly disease, reduce poverty, reduce oppression, increase literacy or protect the environment and require funds. . to be raised for them.
Starting this business would require an experience of some kind due to the many skills involved in fundraising. As with any other business, you would need to contact a business consultant who has the required experience.
The business consultant will help you analyze the fundraising niche you want to enter and determine if you will succeed. And also point out the potential obstacles you are likely to face when starting and running the business. The business consultant will also offer strategies and tips to help make your fundraising business a success.
Writing a business plan is very essential to one’s business as it helps provide general direction for a business. While writing a business plan may sound difficult and complicated, it is for this reason that there is a sample fundraising plan written for you below;
A sample fundraising company business plan template
- Business overview
Although most fundraising organizations prefer face-to-face interaction as it has always been a way to build valuable relationships, it is also very expensive. Technology has played an important role for fundraising organizations, as it is not only easier to get more donors, but it is also less expensive for organizations that choose to indulge themselves.
Donors in many decades ago only donated To fundraising organizations that they had a track record with and therefore treated donations to these organizations as you would paying bills, donors are now different and donate based on perceived needs.
Fundraising organizations are becoming more proactive than reactive in using social media to raise funds in advance for a cause that might not have happened yet. Strategies are developed and newsworthy events are maximized to connect a cause with its mission, although this may seem more exploitative.
Non-profit organizations that fundraise mostly online and accept donations online have a 24% chance of increasing fundraising than those that don’t. These organizations have turned to the use of activities such as blogging and video content sharing to further increase their effectiveness.
However, revenue growth in this industry is not especially assured even in non-profit fundraising organizations, where it was found that 47% of these non-profit organizations raised the same revenue within two years.
Fundraisers raised more than $ 18.2 billion in 2015, according to Blackbaud’s 2015 Charitable Giving Report, with more than $ 2.2 billion coming from Online Donation Data. This shows growth in general giving in the United States compared to 2014.
In 2015, small nonprofits fundraisers experienced growth, while mid-size nonprofits experienced a decline from the previous year. per year Organizations with the highest increase in charitable giving from year to year were those that dealt with international affairs, yet educational institutions had the most growth online compared to other niches.
Executive Summary of Fundraising Company Business Plan
Zo Gill Fundraiser is a leading fundraising company based in Fargo – North Dakota and will serve corporate and individual clients and help them achieve their organizational or personal goals and objectives. Our planned services, which will include training and consulting services, will allow us to serve a wide range of clients here in Fargo – North Dakota.
Our vision is to ensure that we have over fifteen clients in our second year of business that will not only allow us to break even, but will also ensure that we build a strong reputation and are among the top leaders in the industry. To achieve this, we intend to go the extra mile in hiring the best professionals to help us achieve our intended goals.
Although we would initially be located in Fargo – North Dakota, we are in a strategic location. location that will ensure Minneapolis, Chicago and Denver customers can reach us. We intend to have a solid foundation first here in Fargo before expanding to establish our fundraising business in other nearby states and throughout the United States of America.
Our services to our clients will be one that will be based on transparency, honesty, and professional ethics and standard business practice required for this type of business. We will ensure that we always act in the long-term interest of our clients in order to build the correct relationship that ensures that our business grows.
We believe in hiring and having the best professional staff to help us run our intended business. We will hire people who understand our core values as a company and who are ready to work to ensure that we achieve our intended goals and objectives as a company.
We are ready to pay our staff well and will do everything we can to make sure they have the best welfare packages through similar startups of our kind here in Fargo – North Dakota. We will also ensure that our staff receive ongoing training that enables them to have enhanced skills, as well as retain a high level of productivity for the organization.
We believe in customer excellence and that is why we have hired skilled clients. care executives who thoroughly understand how to manage clients, as well as market and industry trends to manage our clients. We believe this will allow us to retain a large number of our clients.
Finally, our Executive Director, Ms. Zoe McGill is a veteran in the industry and has over 15 years as a professional fundraiser. He also has various certifications and qualifications and sits on the board of some nonprofit fundraising organizations. She has the tenacity to support us achieving the desired goals and objectives for our business.
- Our products and services
Zo Gill Fundraiser is a profit-oriented fundraising business that deals with the basic sector: education, health, environment and food; and work with clients in this industry to raise the funds necessary to ensure they achieve their intended goals and objectives.
Due to the fact that we are profit oriented and intend to make as much profit as possible, we have established different strategies that will allow us to create multiple sources of income that will drive our results and sustain our fundraising business.
Any stream of income that we intend to add to our core service will be one that is under the permissible laws of the United States of America. Therefore, below are some of the services that we will offer to boost our results;
- Publication sales
- Consulting and advisory services
- Training and offer of other forms of experience
- Charge service users
- Sell products made by the organization’s beneficiaries
Our Vision Statement
Having more than fifteen clients in our second year of business that will not only allow us to break even, but will also assure us of a solid reputation and be among the top leaders in the industry.
- Our mission statement
To achieve our vision, we aim to ensure we have a strong business structure by hiring qualified personnel who fully understand our policies and objectives and are committed to ensuring that we achieve them.
- Our commercial structure
Having a strong business structure is very important to us here at Zo Gill Fundraisers, especially as we are focused on achieving our goals at the moment we aim for. Because of this, we are ensuring that we seek out and hire only highly qualified personnel who not only possess industry experience, but also those who display a high rate of engagement to help us achieve our goals and objectives.
To ensure that our employees’ productivity rate is high, we intend to pay them fair wages and ensure that they have an excellent welfare package that is the best in similar startups like ours in the entire industry. We know that attractive compensation, as well as a welfare package, is a great encouragement to ensure that employees help achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
We also intend to ensure that our employees work in an enabling manner and highly creative environment and see themselves as stakeholders to help ensure that we are considered fair, honest and transparent in our dealings. Additionally, our employees will receive the necessary training that will not only enhance your skills but also ensure that industry productivity is achieved at an optimal rate.
Therefore, below is the business structure that we intend to build at Zo Gill Fundraisers;
- Executive Director
- Administration manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Project supervisor
- Marketing Team
- Customer Service Executives
- Security guard
Roles and responsibilities
- Develops strategic policies that will provide direction to the organization
- Meet high-profile clients on behalf of the organization
- Eliminate or modify strategies that are not considered effective on behalf of the organization
- Communicate management policies to all staff
- Ensures that organizational policies are widely implemented in the organization
- Ensures that the organization and its administration run smoothly
Human resources manager
- In charge of the search and recruitment of qualified personnel on behalf of the organization
- Take our orientation and induction for new staff
- In charge of pay packages and social assistance for staff
- In charge of the projects undertaken by the organization
- Ensures feasible and achievable milestones are set on behalf of the organization
- Ensures that the organization maintains a high level of success in its projects
- Prepare all financial information and statement on behalf of the company
- Ensures that the organization’s books are reconciled with those of the bank monthly or quarterly
- Ensures that the budget is effectively implemented by all departments
- Ensures proper market research is conducted on behalf of the organization to find a new target markets or opportunities
- Develop effective marketing strategies on behalf of the organization
- Conduct direct marketing on behalf of the organization
Executive customer service
- Possess accurate information about the organization and stay up-to-date on industry trends to convey accurate information to clients
- In charge of receiving calls regarding customer inquiries, comments and complaints and ensuring that they receive good care
- Maintains an up-to-date customer database on behalf of the organization
- Ensures facilities are protected during and after business hours
- Patrol the premises after hours to ensure no intruders enter the premises
- Transmits vital safety advice to the company staff at regular intervals
- Ensures facilities remain clean at all times
- Ensures cleaning supplies are always in stock
- Performs any other task determined by the Human Resources Manager
- Make sure field workers arrive at their intended location on time
- Perform regular vehicle maintenance
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations
Fundraising Company Business Plan MARKET ANALYSIS
- Market trends
While the majority of fundraisers in the past were generally those that were more non-profit in nature, the trend began to drift away to accumulate fundraising businesses that are fully profit-oriented. This came in an attempt to reduce the need to seek government funding and also the fact that non-profit fundraisers were starting to get bogged down with too many requests from clients, and some were unable to help them achieve their goals and objectives. because they were driving too much at the same time.
Additionally, nonprofit fundraising organizations were unable to handle all niches across the industry, leading to the birth of a profit-oriented fundraising organization and allowing clients who could afford such services. instead.
While it was normal to run this type of business from home, more and more people who enter this business, especially those who do it for profit, now prefer to rent facilities and make sure the business looks more professional to increase confidence of customers. In addition, the hiring of qualified personnel has become a necessity and these qualified personnel must be located in a facility that is not only professional, but also conducive and easily accessible.
Fundraising organizations have now started operating online and this has been made possible by the influx of technology that has made more people prefer to use the Internet to raise money that would help them achieve their goals in exchange for a fee. These internet based fundraising organizations do not need to lease a large facility as this business can be run from home.
- Our target market
There are various institutions and individuals that require the use of fundraisers in order to achieve their intended goals and objectives. Therefore, due to this fact, we intend to carry out a market survey that allows us to understand exactly who we are targeting and what strategies we need to come up with in order to meet the expectations of our target market.
The market research that we are also conducting would allow us to get an idea of what our current and potential clients would expect from us. From our result, we are in business to offer our services to the following group of people;
- Educational institutions
- Health institutions
- Environmental protection organizations
- Small companies
- Charity organizations
Our competitive advantage
The fundraising business either for profit or both non-profit organizations are established with the intention of achieving a noble cause and therefore, although profit-based fundraisers might try to get more clients, it is generally not done in a competitive environment like a normal business.
However, as a for-profit fundraiser, we have several strategies that will ensure that we obtain the required number of clients for our business in order to enable us to achieve our intended goals. These strategies are designed to give us an advantage over the others.
First of all, we aim to make sure we hire quality staff who not only have the required industry experience, but also understand our policies and goals and are highly committed to ensuring that we achieve them. Our qualified staff will also ensure that our business ethics and transparency are upheld at all times to positively communicate our brand to our clients.
We know how important it is to create an awareness that ensures that our target market knows about the services, which is why we have established marketing and advertising strategies that will not only help us generate interest and penetrate the target market. but also bring in clients who need fundraising to sponsor our business.
Finally, ensuring that our customers get excellent service is paramount to us, which is why we intend to ensure that we offer the best customer service experience.
Fundraising Company Business Plan
Due to recent changes in this industry recently with regards to funding, more fundraisers are beginning to look inward to ensure that revenue is generated to help maintain and grow the business, be it profi or non-profit. .
Therefore, at Zo Bill Fundraisers, we have been established with the sole intention of generating profits that help sustain our fundraising business and ensure that we are able to handle the various requests from our clients. Therefore, Zo Gill Fundraisers intends to generate income through the following means:
- Publication sales
- Consulting and advisory services
- Training and offering other forms of experience
- Charge service users
- Sell products made by the organization’s beneficiaries
Even though more people in this industry are geared towards non-profit fundraising businesses, there is still a high demand for profit-oriented fundraising businesses as those who seek have a certain goal that they aim to achieve. using these services.
Being one of the few of our kind in this industry, we are well positioned to gain a large share of our target market and we are optimistic that we would meet our goal of ensuring we generate enough revenue to sustain and grow our business within one year.
Our statement is based on the result obtained from a comprehensive analysis of the industry, where we analyzed our chances of survival and could prosper in the industry, which allowed us to obtain the following sales forecast. The sales projection is based on information collected from similar companies like ours here in Fargo – North Dakota.
Therefore, below are sales projections for the Zo Gill fundraiser based on our location, statistics collected in the marketplace, and other assumptions for our business;
- First fiscal year: $ 200,000
- Second fiscal year: $ 400,000
- Third fiscal year: $ 800,000
NB : It should be noted that the previous sales projections were made based on what can be obtained in the industry and on the assumptions that there will be no change in the factors used to carry out this analysis, such as that more clients prefer nonprofit fundraising companies or a competitor who comes to our location and offers the same business we are offering. If there were any changes in the factors used, it could have a positive or negative influence on the projected figures.
- Marketing strategy and sales strategy
Every business needs generated income to be able to carry on its activities and stay in its industry for as long as it sees fit, and to achieve this, such a business must know how to market itself well to generate the intended awareness for itself and for the services. Therefore, marketing is a very important aspect in any business and should not be taken lightly by any entrepreneur or group looking to start a business.
In this sense, we have carried out an exhaustive market survey that will allow us to penetrate our target market and generate the right interest for our business. By conducting an accurate market survey, we use detailed information and data from similar companies like ours in this same location and use it to structure our business in such a way that it attracts the right customers for us.
By helping us write the right strategies, we hire a reputable marketing consultant who not only understands the market and the industry, but also knows what strategies can help us be successful in this industry while also allowing clients to understand. what we stand for and how we can help you achieve your intended goals and objectives.
We have also ensured that our marketing teams have been trained to help write strategies and also modify strategies that do not reflect our core values and positively communicate our brand. In summary, below are the marketing and sales strategies we intend to adopt to deliver our wide range of activities at Zo Gill Fundraiser;
- Making sure to network with industry stakeholders, especially those in our target niche and also other non-profit fundraising companies in order to introduce and promote our fundraising business here in Fargo – North Dakota , as well as throughout the United States of America
- Participate in the direct marketing of our business to existing and potential clients in our target market
- Please use our official website to vigorously promote our business
- Advertise our business in local newspapers and magazines, as well as on radio and television stations here in Fargo – North Dakota
- Make sure our fundraising business is listed in local and online directories
- Host a party when you start our business to raise awareness for Zo Gill’s fundraising business here in Fargo – North Dakota, USA.
Fundraising company business plan Advertising and publicity strategy
Because we intend to ensure that we can adequately fundraise for any client that we intend to take on our business, we know that having the right amount of advertising would go a long way toward ensuring that we not only generate the right interest and achieve our goals and objectives, but we will also penetrate the market and gain more share from potential customers for our fundraising business.
It is in this regard that we seek the services of a reputable brand consultant who not only understands the market and the industry as a whole, but also has the necessary experience to ensure that we achieve the correct amount of advertising using the best strategies we Not only will they allow us to become one of the top leading brands, but they will also ensure that we are favored and preferred by the majority of our target market.
Therefore, some of the platforms we intend to adopt to promote and advertise our fundraising business include;
- Make sure we participate in relevant beneficial programs in our community
- Install our billboards in strategic locations throughout Fargo – North Dakota
- Be sure to place ads in local newspapers and magazines, as well as on radio and television stations
- Distribute brochures and business cards, as well as post posters in visible locations here in North Dakota
- Use social media platforms to our advantage by leveraging on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Make sure you have a unique traditional color and that our staff wear our custom jerseys any time they are in the field.
Our pricing strategy
Setup Increasing fees for our fundraising business depends on a myriad of factors, such as the size of the project, our client’s financial capacity, our overall and operating costs, as well as what the companies offer. similar fundraisers in our category and in the same location. Setting a price may seem difficult, but we have devised the strategy that will ensure that we set rates that are affordable for our clients while not sinking our business in some kind of debt.
However, due to the fact that we are still new to the industry and to generate the necessary awareness for our business, we intend to offer existing and potential customers a reduction in our rates for at least three months. This strategy, according to our business consultant, will allow us to obtain more clients while opening us up to various opportunities that the market has to offer. Furthermore, reducing our rates will in no way affect our overhead or operating experiences during the period in question.
- Payment options
Zo Gill Fundraiser has put forth several payment policies that aim to ensure that all of our clients with their diversity and preferences have the necessary options that are convenient for them and us as well. Therefore, the payment options available to all our clients are:
- Payment by check
- Payment via online payment portal
- Payment by credit card
- Payment through bank draft
The above payment options were carefully chosen after several discussions with our bank and certain merchants. We are confident that the above platforms will work without any inconvenience for our customers and our business as well.
- Initial expenses (budget)
Starting a profit-oriented fundraising business is quite different from starting a non-profit one, however regardless of this fact, there are basic requirements that are expected to be met when starting a business and there are things in which you are expected to spend most of the startup capital, such as paying employees and utility bills for a certain period of time, buying a vehicle, and leasing a facility for your use.
Therefore, the key areas in which we intend to spend most of our capital are:
- Total fee for registering our business in the United States of America $ 750
- Obtaining permits, as well as other legal and accounting expenses $ 1,250
- Marketing promotion expenses (for the Zo Gills fundraiser grand opening, as well as general marketing promotion activities for the business and for clients) $ 5,000
- Cost of hiring accredited business consultants $ 2,500
- Insurance coverage (workers’ compensation and general liability) $ 3,000
- Operating cost for the first 6 months (employee salaries and utility payments) $ 100,000
- Lease of a facility for at least two years, as well as renovations $ 50,000
- Other initial expenses (stationery, furniture, telephones, computers and other utilities) $ 4.00 0
- Cost of buying a field trip van $ 20,000
- Cost of launching a website $ 500
- Cost of hosting a housewarming party $ 5,000
- Miscellaneous $ 5,000
From the foregoing analysis, we would need a total of $ 207,000 to successfully start and run our fundraising business here in Fargo – North Dakota. It should be noted that most of the capital will go toward the leasing of a facility, the purchase of an official van and payment of employee salaries as well as utility bills for a defined period of time.
Funding Generation / Startup Capital for Zo Gill’s fundraising business
Zo Gill Fundraiser is a profit-oriented fundraising business that is owned and fully managed by Ms. Zoe McGill, a professional fundraiser who intends to run the business alone without seeking outside business partners to run the business with her.
Therefore, this decision has limited your source of income to a few sources. Therefore, the areas from which the funds will be obtained to start and manage the business are detailed below;
- Generate partial seed capital from personal savings
- Source of soft loans from family members and friends
- Apply for a grant
- Apply for a bank loan
NB: Ms. Zoe was able to generate the sum of $ 40,000 from her personal savings. Soft loans of $ 30,000 were obtained from family and friends. We applied for a grant and were fortunate to receive the sum of $ 50,000. We approached the bank for the sum of $ 77,000 and were awarded the sum after all the documents had been signed and approved.
Fundraising company business plan Sustainability and expansion strategy
Regardless of whether a business is set for profit or not, there are always plans to ensure that the business remains and thrives for a period that the owners deem appropriate and therefore we have several strategies in place that will ensure that our business is properly maintained. and do not fold.
One of our main goals when starting Zo Gill Fundraising is to ensure that we help clients achieve their objectives and goals by raising the amount of funds that our clients need for the various projects they intend to participate in. To achieve this, we intend to hire the right staff, those who are highly qualified and understand the industry. Having the right employees will help us achieve the goals set by our clients in a timely manner, thus enhancing our brand and positioning ourselves in the industry.
Having the right advertising strategies is very important to us, as it will not only boost our business to its intended height, but also improve the confidence of existing and potential customers in our capabilities to ensure that they achieve their own goals and objectives.
Advertising is very important to us and for this we have hired an advertising and branding consultant to help us get the right publicity for our fundraising business here in Fargo – North Dakota.
We believe in giving our customers the best experience that ensures they remain loyal and refer others to our business as well. We have an accurate client database that allows us to not only stay in touch with our clients, but also convey industry trends that could help them in their business, allowing us to retain a large number of clients in our collection business. Of funds.
Checklist / milestone
- Business name availability check: Completed
- Business registration: Completed
- Opening of corporate bank accounts: Completed
- Securing Point of Sale (POS) Machines: Completed
- Open mobile money accounts: Completed
- Open online payment platforms: Completed
- Request and Obtain Taxpayer Identification: In progress
- Business Permit and License Application: Completed
- Business Insurance Purchase: Completed
- Conduct of feasibility studies: Completed
- Generating capital from family members: Completed
- Bank loan applications: In progress
- Drafting the business plan: Completed
- Dr after Employee Handbook: Completed
- Drafting of contractual documents and other relevant legal documents: In progress
- Company Logo Design: Completed
- Graphic designs and printing of packaging marketing / promotional materials: In progress
- Employee hiring: In progress
- Creation of an official website for the company: In progress
- Building awareness for business both online and in the community: In progress
- Health and Safety and Fire Safety Agreement (License): Insured
- Opening Party / Launch Party Planning: In Progress
- Establishment of commercial relationships with suppliers – suppliers / wholesalers: In progress
- Truck Purchase: Completed